Welcome to the official website for the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. We have offices in Bluefield, Beckley, Charleston, and Huntington.
601 Federal Street, Room 2303
Bluefield, WV 24701
Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse
300 Virginia Street, East, Suite 2400
Charleston, WV 25301
Sidney L. Christie Federal Building
845 Fifth Avenue, Room 101
Huntington, WV 25701
110 North Heber Street,
Beckley, WV 25801
Clerk of Court Vacancy Announcement #17-CO-04
The United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia is seeking qualified applicants with expertise as a high level executive to serve as the Clerk of Court, the administrator of a complex, diverse, and innovative organization. This position, working under the Chief Judge, has overall management authority and responsibility for the administrative activities of the Clerk’s Office and oversees the performance of the statutory duties of the office. The position requires an individual who possesses the experience, management skills, and technical expertise necessary to anticipate and resolve complex administrative, operational, budgetary, and information technology challenges quickly and efficiently. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required, along with a proven record of leadership and accomplishment, preferably in a court environment.
The Court presently consists of five active Article III Judges, one Senior Article III Judge, and three Magistrate Judges. The Clerk of Court is appointed by the judges of the Southern District of West Virginia and serves at the will and pleasure of the Court. The Southern District of West Virginia is headquartered in Charleston and has divisional offices in Beckley, Bluefield, and Huntington, serving 23 counties in southern West Virginia.
- A cover letter of two pages or less that outlines the reasons why you are seeking this position and your management philosophy. The letter should also address the knowledge, skills, and experience you possess to perform the duties of the Clerk;
- A detailed résumé;
- Salary history;
- Three (3) professional references; and
- A completed Application for Judicial Employment, form AO-78 (available at http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/AO078/.pdf).
Completed application packages may be emailed, preferably in a single PDF, to Ms. Korin Parsons, HR Specialist at Korin_Parsons@wvsd.uscourts.gov. In the email subject line, please reference 17-CO-04 – Clerk of Court.
View 17-CO-04 - Clerk of Court for more information
News & Announcements
- Bankruptcy Court - SDWV
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- District Court for the Northern District
- Federal Judicial Center
- Legal Aid of West Virginia
- Links to Other U.S. Court
- PACER Website
- Probation Office - SDWV
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U. S. Courts Link
- West Virginia State Bar
- State Bar Associations - Nationwide